Posted on: Jul 1, 2016
It’s that time of year again and let’s be honest this is well-deserved!
Whether you’ve already made your plans for this summer or not, this is a great opportunity for you to use credit card rewards – points, miles, cash back. These can add up to some major cost savings.
And if you don’t have any rewards credit cards yet, now may be a good time to consider getting one! You’d be able to take advantage of sign-up bonuses to pay for airfare or hotel accommodations.
Here are 3 credit cards you could use this summer to earn rewards.
The Barclaycard Arrival™ Plus World Elite MasterCard®
Flat-rate travel rewards credit card
Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days — that’s enough to redeem for a $500 travel statement credit! $89 annual fee is waived first year and 0% intro APR for 12 months
Benefits of the barclaycard arrival™ plus world elite mastercard®
• You’re not restricted to any particular airline or hotel brand. Simply make a travel purchase with the card, then redeem your miles for statement credit against the purchase
• Earn 2 miles per dollar spent on all purchases
• Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
• Chip card technology, so paying for your purchases is more secure at chip-card terminals in the U.S. and abroad
• No foreign transaction fees on anything you buy while in another country
• 0% introductory APR for 12 months for each Balance Transfer made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, currently 16.49%, 20.49% or 23.49% depending on your creditworthiness.
• Complimentary online FICO® Credit Score access for Barclaycard Arrival cardmembers
Drawbacks of the barclaycard arrival™ plus world elite mastercard®
• The card doesn’t offer the extra perks of a co-branded airline or hotel card.
If you’re a world traveler who craves flexible booking and generous terms, this is the card for you. Apply now:
The Barclaycard CashForward™ World MasterCard®
Flat-rate cash rewards credit card
Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on every purchase and get a $100 cash rewards bonus after you spend $500 in purchases in the first 90 days after account opening. There is no annual fee.
Benefits of the barclaycard cashforward™ world mastercard®
• Every time you redeem, get a 5% cash rewards redemption bonus to use toward your next redemption
• Redeem your cash rewards for a deposit into your bank account, a statement credit or gift cards. Redemptions start at $50
• Cash rewards do not expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
• 0% intro APR for the first 15 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening.
• After that a variable APR will apply, currently 15.24%, 20.24% or 25.24%, based on your creditworthiness
• No annual fee
Drawbacks of the barclaycard cashforward™ world mastercard®
• You’ll be charged 3% foreign transaction fee
If you want to earn cash rewards fast and redeem them frequently, this is the card for you. Apply now:
The JetBlue Card
Dedicated airline credit card to fly across the US and the Caribbeans
Earn 5,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days. No annual fee.
Benefits of the JetBlue card
• Earn 3 points per $1 on JetBlue purchases, 2 points per $1 at restaurants and grocery stores and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases.
• No blackout dates on JetBlue-operated flights & redeem for any seat, any time on JetBlue flights. – Points required for an Award Flight will vary based on the published base fare at the time of booking.
• Points awarded in your TrueBlue account don’t expire. Earn and share points together with Family Pooling.
• 50% savings on eligible inflight purchases including cocktails, food and movies
• No foreign transaction fees
• Chip-card technology & $0 Fraud Liability protection
• 0% introductory APR for first 12 billing cycles on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that a variable APR will apply, 12.49%, 20.49% or 25.49%, based on your creditworthiness.
Drawbacks of the JetBlue card
• JetBlue points are not as flexible as other airlines
If you already fly JetBlue, or if you want to try JetBlue to fly all across the US and the Caribbeans, this is the card for you.Apply now:
Editorial Note: Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.